University Bibliography of the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
What is the University Bibliography?
The university bibliography, as a central reference tool, indexes the academic, published output of members of the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg. The bibliographic information is recorded with the help of metadata, which in turn is imported into library catalogues, discovery systems such as Ha:Lit and the Research Portal of Saxony-Anhalt (German only).
What is recorded in the University Bibliography?
For the university bibliography, we index both independently as well as dependently published literature from the year of publication 2003 onwards. This includes monographs, collected essays, anniversary publications, conference proceedings, journal articles, reviews, contributions from collected works, blog posts, project reports, patent and standard specifications (if published by a publishing house) as well as doctoral and postdoctoral theses written at the MLU. It is of no matter whether the work was published in print or online. If the publication was released in both formats, usually only the online version is recorded. To discuss the indexation of publications published before 2003, please reach out to us in advance.
It is necessary, that the publications have been produced in connection to the work at the MLU. We cannot provide evidence of publications that originated outside of MLU affiliation.
It is not possible to index posters and lectures (unless they have appeared as a contribution in a conference volume), projects, term papers and final papers, television and radio broadcasts or newspaper articles. Writings that have not yet been published can be reported to us in advance, but they can only be entered in the bibliography after publication. If you already know the date of publication, please include this information in your report.
Have you completed your doctoral or postdoctoral thesis at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg? For detailed information on the publication of your thesis, take a look at the page of the Team Theses Publications. The entry in the university bibliography for these works is automatically made as part of the publication process.
According to § 2, para. 6 of the Regulations of the University and State Library of Saxony-Anhalt (German only), full-time academic and artistic staff of the MLU are required to independently inform the ULB of their own academic publications.
You can report your new publications for indexation in the university bibliography by a wide variety of ways.
- Form: For reporting individual titles, use
- our web form below or
- the PDF form to print out (with the function “fill in and sign” of the Adobe Acrobat Reader you can also fill in the form on your PC).
- Email: Simply write us an e-mail to the functional address email@example.com. This is especially useful should there be a longer list. For the purpose of better handling, we gladly accept the lists as attachments in Word or PDF format.
- Dean’s Office/Secretariat: At some MLU institutes, notification to the ULB is made via the respective dean’s office or a secretariat. Please inquire at the respective office whether this service is offered.
- Subject unit: You are also welcome to report your new publications to the respective subject units. The colleagues will then pass on your reports to the University Bibliography Team.
- Research portal: Do you have a profile on the Research Portal of Saxony-Anhalt (German only)? Then you can also enter new publications yourself. For publications written during your affiliation to the MLU, please use the function “EMP-Meldungen” (EMP-notifications). You can also manually enter publications outside of your affiliation as so-called “Ergänzungen” (additions).
Please report your new works shortly after publication, preferably every six months, in order to avoid processing backlogs (especially in the time up to the publication of the MLU Research Report).